1 a long hooded overcoat [syn: hooded coat]
2 a long hooded cloak [syn: hooded cloak]
- A long coat or cloak with a hood.
- A coat made from a blanket, worn by 19th century
- 1888, Theodore Roosevelt, Frontier Types, The Century
Illustrated Monthly Magazine, October 1888.
- The fourth member of our party round the camp-fire that night was a powerfully built trapper, partly French by blood,who wore a gayly colored capote, or blanket-coat, a greasy fur cap, and moccasins.
- 1888, Theodore Roosevelt, Frontier Types, The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine, October 1888.
- SAMPA: /ka.pOt/
Nouncapote f (plural capotes)
Capote may refer to:
capote in Danish: Capote
capote in German: Capote
capote in Spanish: Capote
capote in French: Capote
capote in Italian: Capote
capote in Dutch: Capote
capote in Russian: Капоте (значения)
capote in Turkish: Capote